In the 1960s, Peggy Fleming shaped figure skating history! One of the most legendary #TeamMK skaters of all time (alongside Michelle Kwan and Meryl Davis & Charlie White, of course), we thought we’d share our top ten reasons why Peggy Fleming will forever be iconic:
1. She’s a 5x US National Champion.
2. 3x World Champion.
3. AND an Olympic Gold Medallist.
4. Seven years after the Sabena Flight disaster, in which most of the US Figure Skating team and her coach died, Peggy won gold at the Winter Olympics, marking Team USA’s return to ladies figure skating domination.
5. Her iconic and contemporary style shaped figure skating fashion.
6. Along with this image, which graced magazine covers around the world.
7. She appeared as a figure skating judge in the film Blades of Glory, alongside Nancy Kerrigan, Brian Boitano and Dorothy Hamill.
8. In a joint venture with her husband, she owned and operated a vineyard and winery and donated all of the proceeds to charity.
9. She chooses MK Gold Star Blades.